In my morning reading, I found this study about barriers to getting people to buy online advertising. Studies like this are always interesting because they make you look at things in a way that you would not normally look at them. For example, I would have thought by now that lack of talent and agency capabilities would no longer be an issue for online advertising. Apparently, they are still very big issues.
Some of the statistics on my firms don’t spend more in online advertising:
- 52% insufficient metrics to measure impact
- 41% Insufficient in-house capabilities
- 33% Difficulty of convincing upper management
- 24% Limited reach of digital tools
- 18% insufficient capabilities at agency
Read the whole study: